Flag of Saskatchewan
- Capital » Regina
- Largest city » Saskatoon
Saskatchewan (Source » Wikimedia)
- Total Area » 651,900 sq km (251,700 sq mi)
- Saskatchewan is bordered on the west by Alberta, on the north by the Northwest Territories, on the north-east by Nunavut, on the east by Manitoba, and on the south by the US states of Montana and North Dakota.
- Saskatchewan is also one of only two landlocked provinces in Canada, the other being Alberta.
- Saskatchewan borders largely follow the geographic coordinates of longitude and latitude, the province is roughly a quadrilateral, or a shape with four sides.
- Grasslands National Park (Parks Canada)
- A Canadian national park located near the village of Val Marie, Saskatchewan
- Located north from the US state of Montana and lies adjacent to the international boundary.
- The Great Sandhills (map)
- Approximately 20 km south of Sceptre, Saskatchewan
- A 1,900 sq. km area of desert-like sand dunes.
- Native grasses and small clumps of trees such as aspen, willow and sagebrush flank the dune formations.
- Not to be confused with the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve in Colorado
- The national training academy for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), known as Depot, is located in Regina.