State of Colorado
- State Capital » Denver
- Population » 5.8 million
- Area » 269,837 kilometres sqare (104,094 sq mi)
- Highest Elevation » Mount Elbert at 4,401.2 m (14,440 ft) (Map)
- Lowest elevation » Arikaree River at 1,011m (3,317 ft) (Wikipedia – Map)
- Alpine Loop – National Backcountry Byway
- Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve (Map)
- Pike’s Peak Highway (Tourism)
- The Mount Evans Scenic Byway » which is the highest paved road in North America (US Forest Service)
- Climbs over 7,000 feet in its 28-mile length, reaching an altitude of 14,130′ feet.
- Idaho Springs, Colorado serves as the starting point to the byway.
This page was updated May 17, 2023