- Population » 56.3 million (2018 est)
- Languages » English, Swahili
- Religions » Christianity, Islam
- Life expectancy » 63 years (men), 67 years (women)
- Currency » Tanzanian shilling
- Area » 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
- Borders with Uganda to the north; Kenya to the northeast; Comoro Islands and the Indian Ocean to the east; Mozambique and Malawi to the south; Zambia to the southwest; and Rwanda, Burundi, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the west.
- Tanzania is the largest country in East Africa.
- Tanzania has banned plastic bags! Bravo!
- Two of Africa’s biggest attractions: Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro & the Serengeti
- Subject to the fulfilment of all immigration and health requirements for approximately USD$50 in cash, it is possible to obtain a tourist visa for Tanzania at these land border crossings:
- Namanga (Tanzania-Kenya border point)
- Mount Kilimanjaro
- Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa and the highest single free-standing mountain in the world: 5,895 metres above sea level and about 4,900 metres above its plateau base.
- Located in northeastern Tanzania.
- Can be climbed with an approved guide.
- Serengeti National Park (Google Maps / OpenStreetMap)
- Spread across 5,700 acres of Tanzania
- The Great Migration
- Mikumi National Park (Google Maps / OpenStreetMap)
- Lake Natron
- Drive » Left side
This page was updated August 11, 2022