Republic of Rwanda
- Repubulika y’u Rwanda (Kinyarwanda)
République du Rwanda (French)
Jamhuri ya Rwanda (Swahili)
- Capital » Kigali
- Population » 11.2 million
- Languages » Kinyarwanda (official), French (official), English (official), Swahili
- Religions » Christianity, indigenous beliefs
- Life expectancy » 54 years (men), 57 years (women)
- Currency » Rwandan franc
- Emergency numbers »
- All emergencies » 112
- Traffic accidents » 113
- Corruption report » 997
- Police conduct complaint » 3511
- Area » 26,338 sq km (10,169 sq miles)
- A small landlocked country in east-central Africa.
- Rwanda is bordered by Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- With 55% of its parliament made up of women representatives, Rwanda ranks number one in the world for its gender equality in parliament (2023)
- Rwanda ranks sixth in the world in the 2022 Global Gender Gap index, which measures how equitable a country is in terms of economics, education, healthcare and political participation.
- Considered a safe country for solo female travellers (BBC)
- Must pay respects at the Kigali Genocide Memorial in the capital
- Rwanda has banned plastic bags
This page was updated April 3, 2023