- Population: 35.6 million
- Languages: English (official), Swahili (official), Luganda, various Bantu and Nilotic languages
- Major religions: Christianity, Islam
- Life expectancy: 54 years (men), 55 years (women)
- Currency: Ugandan Shilling (UGX)
- Winston Churchill called Uganda “the pearl of Africa”
- Uganda continues to transform itself from a country with a troubled past to one of relative stability and prosperity.
- Uganda continues to struggle with a brutal 20+ year insurgency in the north, led by the Lord’s Resistance Army.
- Uganda has banned plastic bags
- Area: 241,038 sq km (93,072 sq miles)
- Bordered to the east by Kenya, to the north by South Sudan, to the west by the Democratic Republic of the Congo, to the south-west by Rwanda, and to the south by Tanzania.
- Drive » Left Side
Safety & Security
Foreign Embassies in Uganda
- Australian High Commission, Nairobi, Kenya (also responsible for Uganda): +254 (20) 4277 100
- Canadian High Commission, Nairobi, Kenya (also responsible for Uganda): +254 (0)20 366 3000
- Ireland Embassy, Kampala: +256 (0)41 771 3000
- South African High Commission, Kampala: +256 (0)41 770 2100
- UK High Commission, Kampala: +256 (0)31 231 2000
- USA Embassy, Kampala: +256 (0)41 259 791
This page was last updated on 2021.03.18 by Robert Vinet