- Officially: The Republic of Kenya
- Capital: Nairobi
- Population: 48.5 million
- Languages: Swahili, English
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 63 years (men), 69 years (women)
- Currency: Kenya shilling
- Area: 582,646 sq km (224,961 sq miles)
- Kenya has been described as “the cradle of humanity”
- Kenya has banned plastic bags
- Canadians must be in possession of a visa to transit through, visit or work in Kenya.
- Visas can be obtained either on arrival or as an e-Visa prior to travel (takes up to 7 days)
- Single-entry visas (business or tourism) are $50USD, EUR40, or GBP30
- A transit visa (valid for three days) is $20USD
- A single entry visa allows for multiple entries in to Kenya for a period of 90 days provided you have not left East Africa.
- Masai Mara National Reserve (Map)