- Officially » Republic of Zambia
- Capital » Lusaka
- Population » 17.4 million (2018 est)
- Languages » English (official)
- Religion » Christianity (official)
- Currency » Zambian kwacha (ZMW)
- Unlike most of its neighbours, Zambia has managed to avoid the war and upheaval that has marked much of Africa’s post-colonial history, earning itself a reputation for political stability. (BBC)
- The population is concentrated mainly around Lusaka in the south and the Copperbelt Province to the northwest, the core economic hubs of the country. (Wikipedia)
- A landlocked country at the crossroads of Central, Southern, and East Africa.
- Bordered by eight countries, the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the north, Tanzania to the north-east, Malawi to the east, Mozambique to the southeast, Zimbabwe and Botswana to the south, Namibia to the southwest, and Angola to the west.
- Driving side » Left
- The spectacular Victoria Falls are on Zambia’s border with Zimbabwe
This page was last updated on 2021.03.18 by Robert Vinet