- Officially » Republic of Guinea
- Capital » Conakry
- Also largest city
- Current Time and Date
- Population » 12.4 million
- Languages » French, Susu, Fulani, Mandingo
- Religions » Islam, Christianity, indigenous beliefs
- Life expectancy » 53 years (men), 56 years (women)
- Currency » Guinean franc
- Formerly known as French Guinea
- Sometimes referred to as Guinea-Conakry to distinguish it from other countries with “Guinea” in the name.
- Area 245,857 sq km (94,926 sq miles)
- Guinea shares a border with Guinea-Bissau to the north-west, Senegal to the north, Mali to the north-east, Cote d’Ivoire to the east, Sierra Leone to the south-west and Liberia to the south.
- Grand Mosque of Conakry (Wikipedia)
- Obtain your visa in Dakar, Senegal or Bamako, Mali (2002, Chris Scott via HUBB)
- Tourist Visa (up to 90 days) » US$80
- a valid passport or travel document
- a scanned copy of valid passport’s data page
- a valid return ticket (?)
- Yellow Fever Certificate
- Possible another Ebola outbreak (March 2021)
- One of the world’s poorest countries.
- Sept 2021 – Military coup has taken over the government.
Government Travel Advice
Last Updated on March 15, 2021