Flag of Côte d’Ivoire
- Officially » République de Côte d’Ivoire (French)
- Republic of Côte d’Ivoire (English)
- aka Ivory Coast
- Political capital » Yamoussoukro
- Economic capital and largest city is the port city of Abidjan
- Since it’s independence in 1960, Côte d’Ivoire has maintained close ties with France.
- Population » 23.7 million
- Languages » French, indigenous languages
- Religions » Islam, Christianity, indigenous beliefs
- Life expectancy » 52 years (men), 55 years (women)
- Currency » CFA (Communaute Financiere Africaine) franc
- Country in West Africa
- Area » 322,462 sq km (124,503 sq miles)
- Bordering the Atlantic Ocean, Ghana, and Liberia.
- Terrain: Forested, undulating, hilly in the west.
Map of Côte d’Ivoire (Source » France)
- Tropical, semiarid in far north.
- There is a risk of yellow fever in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination is required for travellers from all countries.
Government Travel Advice