- Population » 25.5 million
- Languages » English, African languages including Akan, Ewe
- Religions » Christianity, indigenous beliefs, Islam
- Life expectancy » 64 years (men), 66 years (women)
- Currency » Cedi
- Internet TLD » .gh
- Area » 238,533 sq km (92,098 sq miles)
- Located in Western Africa.
- Bordered by the Cote d’Ivoire in the west, Burkina Faso in the north, Togo in the east, the Gulf of Guinea and the Atlantic Ocean in the south.
- Previously known as the Gold Coast
- Ghana means “Warrior King” in the Soninke language.
- Vaccination recommendations – Includes Yellow Fever (Public Health England)
- Visa can be tricky. Try Conakry, Guinea; Monrovia, Liberia; or Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire (2020, Chris Scott via HUBB)
- Drive » Right side
- Terrain » Plains and scrubland, rainforest, savanna
- Mole National Park (Map) – Ghana’s largest wildlife refuge
- Ghana Tourism
- University of Ghana
- BBC Country Profile: Ghana
- Human Rights Watch
- Reporters Without Borders
- US CIA Factbook
This page was last updated on 2021.03.20 by Robert Vinet