Flag of Gabon
- Officially » République gabonaise (French)
- Gabonese Republic (English)
- Capital » Libreville
- Population » 2.2 million
- Languages » French (official), Bantu-group languages
- Religion » Christianity
- Life expectancy » 62 years (men), 64 years (women)
- Currency » CFA (Communaute Financiere Africaine) franc
- Country Calling Code » +241
- Area » 267,667 sq km (103,347 sq miles)
- Located on the west coast of Central Africa.
- 3 distinct regions « Narrow coastal plain. Hilly and heavily forested interior. Savanna in the east.
- Located on the equator.
- Gabon is bordered by Equatorial Guinea to the northwest, Cameroon to the north, the Republic of the Congo on the east and south, and the Gulf of Guinea to the west.
Map of Gabon (Source » France)
- More than 10% of Gabon is protected parkland.
- There are 13 National Parks
- Rich in natural resources » Petroleum, natural gas, diamonds, uranium, gold, hydropower…
- Gabon is hot and humid year round
- Gabon can be best visited from June through September when it’s the dry(er) season
- The second best time to visit is from late-January through December
- June to August is generally slightly cooler, while March and April are the hottest.
- The rainy seasons is from October through December and late February through May.
- More details » Weather and Climate
Government Travel Advice
- Adventure Trend
- Dan Grec in Gabon (July, Aug 2017) » Into Gabon, The Equator, Gabon, To Lopé National Park, Lopé National Park Gorillas, Albert Schweitzer Hospital, To Loango National Park, Loango Lodge and National Park, Out of Loango, Glorious Gabon, Gabon Highlands, Central Gabon