Officially » Republic of Niger
- Capital City » Niamey
- Major Language » French
- Currency: 1 CFA Franc (West XOF) = 100 Centimes
- Electricity: 220 Volt / 50 Hertz AC
- Road from Ekok, Nigeria to Memfe, Cameroon is one of the most notorious for trapping travellers in deep muddy ruts for weeks at a time and having the reputation for being the worst road in Africa. (Various reports and written up in Dangerous Roads)
Safety & Security
- Niger is considered one of the most dangerous countries for travellers (2019)
- Governments warn against all travel to Niger.
- Travel outside the Capital of Niamey should only be undertaken with the official escorts.
Last Updated on March 31, 2023