- Officially » República de Guinea Ecuatorial (Spanish)
- République de Guinée équatoriale (French)
- República da Guiné Equatorial (Portuguese)
- Republic of Equatorial Guinea (English)
- Capital » Malabo
- Largest city » Bata
- Pop 250,000
- A port city
- Ciudad de la Paz
- the country’s planned future capital
- Population » 1.4 million
- Languages » Spanish (Official), French, Portuguese
- Religion » Christianity
- Life expectancy » 58 years
- Currency » Central African franc
- Area » 28,100 sq km (10,800 sq miles)
- composed of five inhabited islands, plus Río Muni, the area on the African mainland.
- The mainland region bordered by the Atlantic Ocean, Cameroon on the north and Gabon on the south and east.
- Drive » Right side
- Became independent from Spain in 1968.
- Equatorial Guinea is known for human rights abuses. (Wikipedia)
Government Travel Advice
This page was last updated on 2021.03.23 by Robert Vinet