- Officially » Ködörösêse tî Bêafrîka (Sango)
- République centrafricaine (French)
- Capital » Bangui
- Population » 4.7 million
- Languages » French, Sangho (lingua franca)
- Major religions » Christianity, Islam, indigenous beliefs
- Life expectancy » 51 years (men), 55 years (women)
- Currency » Communauté Financière Africaine (BCEAO), Franc (XOF – CFA)
- 1 CFA Franc (Equatorial XAF) = 100 Centimes
- Electricity » 220 Volt / 50 Hertz AC
- Area » 622,984 sq km (240,535 sq miles)
- A landlocked country in Central Africa.
- CAR is bordered by Chad to the north, Sudan to the northeast, South Sudan to the southeast, the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the south, the Republic of the Congo to the southwest and Cameroon to the west.
Safety and Security
- Risk to travellers is very high. Central African Republic (CAR) is considered to be one of the most dangerous countries for travellers (2019) due to the unstable security situation, activities of armed rebel groups, and the high level of violent crime.
- International Crisis Group
Government Travel Advice
This page was last updated on 2021.05.05 by Robert Vinet