- Officially: Swiss Confederation
- Capital: Bern
- Population: 8.3 million
- Languages: German, French, Italian, Romansch, Bolze
- Major religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 81 years (men), 85 years (women)
- Currency: Swiss Franc
- Area: 41,284 sq km (15,940 sq miles)
- A landlocked, mountainous country.
- One of the world’s most peaceful countries.
- One of Europe’s wealthiest countries.
- citizens have one of the highest living standards in the world.
- Switzerland joined the United Nations only in 2002.
- Surrounded by, but not a member of the the European Union.
- Part of the Schengen Area.
- Switzerland, became part of the Schengen area after it signed the agreement on 26 October 2004 and started its implementation on 12 December 2008.
Safety & Security
- Switzerland is one of the 10 safest countries for travellers.