- Officially: Principality of Liechtenstein
- Population: 37,666 residents
- Language: German
- Area: 160 km2
- Tiny Central Europen, landlocked nation
- Share borders with Switzerland to the west and south, and Austria to the east and north
- The country is mainly mountainous
- Liechtenstein is not a member of the European Union but an associate member of the Schengen Area agreement.
- The fourth smallest European country – after Vatican City, Monaco, San Marino
- It owes much of its wealth to its status as a tax haven
- An alluring winter sport destination
- It is the last country to joined the border-free Schengen area, after it signed the agreement in 28 February 2008 and started its implementation on 19 December 2011.
This page was last updated on Friday, May 10th, 2019 by Robert Vinet