- Officially » República Federativa do Brasil
- Federative Republic of Brazil
- Capital » Brasilia
- Population » 208 million
- Language » Portuguese
- Religion » Christianity
- Life expectancy » 72 years (men), 79 years (women)
- Currency » real (BRL)
- Electricity » 220 V @ 60 Hz and 127 V @ 50 Hz
- Plug Types » C and N
- The largest country in South America by area.
- Fifth largest in the world.
- With an area of 8.55million sq km (3.3million sq miles)
- Brazil occupies about the 50% of the total mainland area of South America.
- Most of the Amazon lies within Brazil.
- Largest city » Sao Paulo
- Brazil is bordered by Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- Brazil has an almost 7,500 km long coastline at the Atlantic Ocean.
- As of June 17, 2019, Canadian, Australian, Japanese, and American (possibly others) passport holders entering Brazil for tourism, transit, or business will no longer need a visa for stays of up to 90 days.
- Drive on the right
- No Carnet de Passage required
- The length of time a vehicle can stay in Brazil is based how long the owner can stay in Brazil.
- Festivals in the Amazon (Footprints)
- Brazil is the most visited South American country.
- Brazil was perhaps South America’s most influential country, and rising economic power.
- The country had made major strides in its efforts to raise millions out of poverty, although the gap between rich and poor remains wide.
- Lately, the nation is suffering from soaring crime, a dying economy, and entrenched political corruption.
- A former Portuguese colony, where Portuguese is the main language.
- Brazil has a highly diverse population, including indigenous Americans and the descendants of African slaves and European settlers.
- With a population of 208 million, over 52% of the South Americans live in Brazil.
- Brazil is the world’s fifth most populous country.
- Ranked 26th Best Countries Overall (US News and World Report)
- 28th out of 73 in 2020
- World Economic Forum (2018)
- Innovation capability: 40th
- Life expectancy: 72nd
- Judicial independence: 79th
- Freedom of the press: 83rd
- Property rights: 92nd
- Reliability of police services: 111th
- Roads quality: 112th
- Quality of vocational training: 121st
Government Travel Advice for Brazil
Posts about Brazil
- Adventure Trend
- Dare2Go – Santa Catarina: a Spectacular Mountain Roadtrip
- Landcrusing Adventure – Driving The Transamazônica
- Landcruising Adventure – Driving the BR319 between Porto Velho to Manaus
- Landcruising Adventure – 7 Adventurous, Cultural & Inspiring Road Trips in Brazil
Last Updated on September 8, 2018