- Argentine Republic (English)
- Capital » Buenos Aires
- Population » 44 million
- Language » Spanish (official), also English, Italian, German, French
- Religion » Christianity
- Life expectancy » 73 years (men), 80 years (women)
- Currency » Argentine peso (ARS)
- Country Calling Code » +54
- Area » 2.8m sq km (1.1m sq miles)
- The 8th largest country in the world and the second-largest in South America after Brazil.
- Bordered by Chile to the west, Bolivia and Paraguay to the north, Brazil to the northeast, Uruguay and the South Atlantic Ocean to the east, and the Drake Passage to the south.
- Argentina shares maritime borders with the Falkland Islands
- Tourist visa is not required for Canadians for up to 90 days
- Drive on Right
- Border crossings are plentiful. Immigration and Customs officials are friendly and welcoming.
- Camping is common in Argentina – Wild camping is common in less populated areas – Most towns have campgrounds
- Bribery by officials, along with other forms of corruption, in my experience, is not common, though it does exist.
- Argentina, the birthplace of tango
- Argentina is an exceptionally beautiful country with friendly locals and lots to see and do.
- Argentina is famous for its Asado (similar to BBQ)
- Argentina is the world’s fourth wine producer – Mendoza is the centre of the wine region (wine tours) – Malbec and other red wines
See and Do
- Argentina Turismo
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Many National Parks
- Ushuaia, the most southern city in the world
- Tierra del Fuego National Park (La Ruta Natural)
- Iguazu Falls – waterfalls on the Argentine-Brazilian border – Amazing!
- Los Glaciares National Park » includes the Perito Moreno glacier
- El Impenetrable National Park (Official / Wikipedia)
- The Andes mountains dominate in the west, stretching between Chile and Argentina, with amazing mountain passes and border crossings.
- #39 Best Country Overall Rankings (US News and World Report)
- #38 out of 85 in 2022
Safety and Security
- Crime in larger cities is a concern.
Government Travel Advice
This page was updated November 15, 2023