- Officially: Republic of Suriname
- Capital: Paramaribo
- Population: 529,000
- Major languages: Dutch (official), English, Sranang Tongo, Hindi, Javanese
- Major religions: Hinduism, Islam, Christianity
- Life expectancy: 68 years (men), 74 years (women)
- Currency: Suriname dollar (SRD)
- Internet domain: .sr
- International dialing code: +597
- Area: 163,265 sq km (63,037 sq miles)
- Maps: OpenStreetMap // Google Maps
- Surinam Tourism Foundation
- Paramaribo, Suriname
- +597 42 4878
- The smallest independent state in South America.
- Suriname has potential to increase tourism, boasting rain forests, abundant wildlife, and colonial architecture. However, the sector remains undeveloped, hampered by the inaccessibility of the interior and the lack of infrastructure.
- Suriname depends heavily on mining and processing its declining reserves.
- Main exports: Bauxite, alumina, aluminum, crude oil, timber, shrimp and fish, rice, bananas
- Suriname and neighbouring Guyana have been engaged in a long-running territorial dispute over a potentially oil-rich offshore area.
- Landcruising Adventures – Suriname Travel Guide
- Radio Apintie
- Radio Sangeet Mala
- Radio SRS Suriname (government-owned)
- Radio ABC