The 1902 footage shows disorganized and somewhat unruly crew on the failed William Ziegler expedition to the arctic. It was the first time National Geographic did a field documentary. The 42-man team were attempting to be the first to reach the North Pole.
BreadcrumbsAdventure Trend > Destination Posts > North America > Canada 🇨🇦 > 1902 arctic expedition reveals chaos in National Geographic’s first film
It’s a one way ticket.
Be kind to one another and enjoy the ride!
“We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more.”
~ Pico Iyer
What Do You Seek?
- Important considerations when travelling overland in the UK
- Where Next Barney’s route guide to Armenia
- 65 years ago, Ben Carlin became the world’s first, and still only man, to circumnavigate the Earth in an amphibious vehicle
- Building the Pamir Trail
- Lisbon is this year’s best-value European city
- Explore! releases their list of the 35 best hikes in the world that almost anyone can do
- Eight multi-day hikes in Iceland 🇮🇸
This site was last updated at
2023.05.21 @ 11:44 UTC