From YouTube: Sakha is a region of highs, lows and little else. It’s home to Pik Pobeda, the highest mountain in Siberia, and where the lowest temperature in the Northern Hemisphere was recorded – a deadly -71.3C. It’s also the desolate and hostile landscape in which alpinists Tamara Lunger and Simone Moro found themselves in February 2018, preparing to attempt the first ever winter ascent of this 3003m frozen monolith.
What Do You Seek?
- Mark Delstanche rows solo from New York City to London
- On this day » British adventurer Sir Francis Chichester, who sailed around the world alone in 1966–67 on the 55-foot (17-metre) yacht Gipsy Moth IV, was born.
- An 80-year-old woman, 1,000 kilometres, 7 weeks, a trusty steed, and her faithful dog
- Video » Danube Delta
- Video » Escape London to climb Suliven mountain in Scotland
- Video » Noor
- Millican Dalton » The godfather of ultralight camping