1940: Henry Larsen, a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) was the second to sail the Northwest Passage, crossing west to east, having left Vancouver 23 June 1940 and arriving at Halifax on 11 October 1942.
What Do You Seek?
- Video » Everest
- Dutchman Wiebe Wakker drove an EV 1,222 days, 100,450 km, through 34 countries — from the Netherlands to New Zealand — here are his 3 top road trip tips
- Alastair Humphreys tells us how he chooses his adventures
- Video » Dan Grec in search of gorilla and elephants in Gabon
- Frances Mills » Why I’m running 5,000 miles around the coast of Britain solo
- Video » Antofagasta, Chile from Space
- Video » The Unspeakable World