- Slovak Republic (English)
- Capital » Bratislava (Wikipedia)
- and largest city
- Population » 5.5 million
- Language » Slovak
- Religion » Christianity
- Life expectancy » 74 years (men), 81 years (women)
- Membership » European Union, NATO, Schengen Area
- Currency » euro
- Area » 49,033 sq km (18,932 sq miles)
- Landlocked country in Central Europe
- The country shares land borders in the north with Poland, Ukraine to the east, the Czechia to the west, Hungary to the south, and Austria to the southwest.
- On 16 April 2003 Slovakia signed the Schengen agreement.
- On 21 December 2007, it started the execution of this convention.
- Slovakia has a large number of castles and chateaux.
- The Spiš Castle, in Žehra, part of the UNESCO List of World’s Cultural and Natural Heritage, is one of the most famous.
This page was updated September 30, 2023