- Officially: Slovak Republic
- Capital: Bratislava
- Population: 5.5 million
- Language: Slovak
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 74 years (men), 81 years (women)
- Membership: European Union
- Currency: euro
- Area: 49,033 sq km (18,932 sq miles)
- Landlocked country in Central Europe
- The country shares borders in the north with Poland, Ukraine to the east, the Czechia to the west, Hungary to the south, and Austria to the southwest.
- On 16 April 2003 Slovakia signed the Schengen agreement. On 21 December 2007, it started the execution of this convention.
- Slovakia has a large number of castles and chateauxs.
- The Spiš Castle, which is part of the UNESCO List of World’s Cultural and Natural Heritage, is one of the most famous.
This page was last updated on 2021.03.18 by Robert Vinet