- Officially: Slovak Republic
- Capital: Bratislava
- Population: 5.5 million
- Language: Slovak
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 74 years (men), 81 years (women)
- Membership: European Union
- Currency: euro
- Area: 49,033 sq km (18,932 sq miles)
- Landlocked country in Central Europe
- The country shares borders in the north with Poland, Ukraine to the east, the Czechia to the west, Hungary to the south, and Austria to the southwest.
- On 16 April 2003 Slovakia signed the Schengen agreement. On 21 December 2007, it started the execution of this convention.
- Slovakia has a large number of castles and chateauxs.
- The Spiš Castle, which is part of the UNESCO List of World’s Cultural and Natural Heritage, is one of the most famous.
Last Updated on May 10, 2019