- Officially: Czech Republic
- Capital: Prague
- Population 10.6 million
- 64.3% of which are Czechs while the rest are Slovaks, Moravians, Ukrainians and others.
- Language: Czech
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 76 years (men), 83 years (women)
- Currency: Czech koruna (CZK)
- Czechia is currently preparing to adopt the euro.
- Member of the European Union since 1 May 2004
- Area: 78,866 sq km (30,450 sq miles)
- A central European country
- Bordered by Germany to the west, Austria to the south, Slovakia to the east and Poland to the northeast.
- This country has been a Schengen area member since 21 December 2007
- Tourism is very important source of income
- Prague listed as the fifth most visited city located in the old continent.
- Take in the lights, strolling musicians, and old-world charm of Prague