- Officially: Republic of Poland
- Capital: Warsaw
- Population: 38.3 million
- Language: Polish
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 74 years (men), 82 years (women)
- Currency: zloty
- Poland became a member of the European Union in May 2004
- Area: 312,685 sq km (120,728 sq miles)
- Positioned at the centre of Europe
- It is divided in 16 administrative subdivisions
- The country is within the Schengen Area.
- A visit to Auschwitz makes for an unforgettable, eye-opening trip.
- A nation with a proud cultural heritage
- Inexpensive but increasing as it becomes more popular
- Warsaw Uprising Museum and the Museum of the Second World War in Gdańsk if you want to learn about the country’s troubled history.
- Its most famous and visited cities are Warsaw, the medieval town of Malbork, Lublin, Torun, Krakow and Poznan.
- Poland has the Tatra National Park and the Bialowieza Forest.
- Figures show that most of visitors are from Germany, followed by Britons, and Russians.
- Poland shares border land with Germany, Russia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Slovakia, the Czechia, and Belarus.
- Regular freight ferry services operate from Poland to Denmark, Sweden, and Finland.