Principality of Liechtenstein
- Population » 38,300 residents
- Language » German
- Currency » Swiss franc
- Area » 160 km2
- Tiny Central European, landlocked nation
- Share borders with Switzerland to the west and south, and Austria to the east and north
- The country is mainly mountainous
- The fourth smallest European country – after Vatican City, Monaco, San Marino
- An alluring winter sport destination
- It joined the border-free Schengen area, after it signed the agreement in 28 February 2008 and started its implementation on 19 December 2011.
- Liechtenstein is not a member of the European Union, is a member of the European Economic Area ( EEA) and an associate member of the Schengen Area agreement. 90 days in 180 rules apply.
- The country owes much of its wealth to its status as a tax haven
This page was updated April 6, 2023