- Officially » Principality of Liechtenstein
- Population » 37,666 residents
- Language » German
- Area » 160 km2
- Tiny Central European, landlocked nation
- Share borders with Switzerland to the west and south, and Austria to the east and north
- The country is mainly mountainous
- Liechtenstein is not a member of the European Union but an associate member of the Schengen Area agreement.
- The fourth smallest European country – after Vatican City, Monaco, San Marino
- It owes much of its wealth to its status as a tax haven
- An alluring winter sport destination
- It is the last country to joined the border-free Schengen area, after it signed the agreement in 28 February 2008 and started its implementation on 19 December 2011.
This page was last updated on 2021.05.16 by Robert Vinet