- Officially: Principality of Monaco
- Capital: Monaco
- Population: 37,000
- Language: French
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 75 years (men), 83 years (women)
- Currency: euro
- Area: 1.95 sq km (0.75 sq mile)
- Monaco is the second smallest independent state in the world after Vatican
- Six times the size of the Vatican
- Located on the Mediterranean Sea, surrounded by France
- It is not a member of either the European Union or the European Economic Area
- but maintains an open border and customs union with France and the other Schengen states.
- It’s the world’s most densely populated country
- The smallest country with a coastline
- Monaco is ruled by a descendant of the Grimaldi family, which is the oldest ruling house in Europe.
- Native Monaco nationals are known as Monegasque
- The national flag of Monaco is the same as the flag of Indonesia, two horizontal red and white stripes, just different in width.
- Monaco has an opened their borders with, but is not members of, the Schengen area visa free zone.
- Location of the most famous of the Formula 1 races (Monaco Grand Prix) on the Circuit de Monaco.
- The country is well developed relying mostly on its casinos and tourism.