- Population: 10 million
- Major language: Hungarian
- Major religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 71 years (men), 78 years (women)
- Currency: Hungarian Forint (HUF)
- Member of the European Union
- Area: 93,030 sq km (35,919 sq miles)
- Land locked country located in Central Europe
- The landlocked nation is teeming with thermal water springs—more than 1,300, with 123 in Budapest alone.
- Hungary is home to Lake Balaton, the largest in central Europe.
- Hungary signed the Schengen area agreement on 16 April 2003 and started its implementation on 21 December 2007.
- Hungary is one of the main medical tourism destinations in Europe
- Hungary shares land border with:
This page was last updated on 2021.03.18 by Robert Vinet