- Capital: Bucharest
- Population: 21.4 million
- Language: Romanian
- Major religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 71 years (men), 78 years (women)
- Currency: new leu
- The largest of the Balkan countries
- Romania has dramatic mountain scenery and a coastline on the Black Sea.
- European country outside the Schengen Area.
- Many travellers head to Romania and other Balkan countries after spending the maximum allowed 90-days in the Schengen Area.
- Romania has been part of the European Union since January 2007.
- Lots of great hikes and historic sites, and most everything is inexpensive.
News about Romainia
Area 238,391 sq km (148,129 sq miles)