- Capital » Sarajevo
- Population » 3.5 million
- Major languages » Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian
- Major religions » Christianity, Islam
- Life expectancy » 74 years (men), 79 years (women)
- Currency » Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Marka
- Area » 51,129 sq km (19,741 sq miles)
- A country on the Balkan Peninsula in Southeastern Europe
- Bordered by Serbia, Croatia, and Montenegro and shares a coastline with the Adriatic Sea
- The countryside is home to medieval villages, rivers and lakes, plus the craggy Dinaric Alps.
- Sarajevo has a well preserved old quarter, Baščaršija, with landmarks like 16th-century Gazi Husrev-bey Mosque.
- Ottoman-era Latin Bridge is the site of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, which ignited World War I.
- One of the poorest countries in Europe
- One of the 10 least-visited European countries
- The smog render Sarajevo it one of the most polluted cities in the world
Last Updated on April 19, 2019