- Officially » Republika Hrvatska
- Republic of Croatia (English)
- Capital » Zagreb
- and largest city
- Population » 4.4 million
- Language » Croatian
- Religion » Christianity
- Life expectancy » 74 years (men), 80 years (women)
- Currency » kuna
- Member of the EU since 2013
- International Calling Code » +385
- Area » 56,594 sq km (21,851 sq miles)
- Croatia shares land borders with Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Montenegro, Serbia, and Slovenia
- Croatia shares a maritime border with Italy in the Adriatic Sea.
- Croatia is a member of the European Union
- January 1st, 2023, Croatia is a member of the Schengen area.
- Land and sea border controls with Slovenia, Hungary and Italy were removed.
- External borders with Serbia, Bosnia & Hercegovina and Montenegro have became the external Schengen border.
- Canadians do not require a visa for stays up to 90 days
- Croatia is a very popular as a tourist destination with Europeans
- The country offers a long coastline with over a thousand islands along its coast at the Adriatic Sea
- A country of striking natural beauty with a stunning Adriatic coastline
- The amphitheatre of Pula is the only Roman amphitheatre to have four side towers and all three levels preserved
- Drive » Right Side
Safety and Security
- NATO member
Government Travel Advice
This page was updated April 10, 2023