- Officially: Republic of Croatia
- Capital: Zagreb
- Population: 4.4 million
- Major language: Croatian
- Major religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 74 years (men), 80 years (women)
- Currency: kuna
- Member of the EU since 2013
- Area: 56,594 sq km (21,851 sq miles)
- Croatia is a member of the European Union but it is not part of the Schengen area.
- Canadians do not require a visa for stays up to 90 days
- A country of striking natural beauty with a stunning Adriatic coastline, Croatia is again very popular as a tourist destination.
- Croatia shares land borders with Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Montenegro, Serbia, and Slovenia
- Croatia shares a maritime border with Italy in the Adriatic Sea.
Safety & Security
- NATO member
This page was last updated on 2021.03.18 by Robert Vinet