- Officially: Republic of Serbia
- Capital: Belgrade
- Population: 9.8 million (UN, 2012, includes Kosovo; UN mission estimates Kosovo population as circa 2 million)
- Language: Serbian
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 72 years (men), 77 years (women)
- Currency: Dinar
- Area: 88,361 sq km (34,116 sq miles) (includes Kosovo)
- Serbia is located in southeast and central Europe
- The landlocked nation shares its borders with Romania, Hungary, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Croatia, and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- Serbia became a sovereign republic in the summer of 2006 after Montenegro voted in a referendum for independence from the Union of Serbia and Montenegro.
This page was last updated on 2021.03.18 by Robert Vinet