UN Human Rights Chief, Volker Türk, stated on November 8, 2023 that both Israel and Hamas have committing War Crimes in 2023 (full statement).
- Capital » Jerusalem
- the lands that were seized and occupied by Israel during the Six-Day War of 1967 (Wikipedia).
- West Bank
- Population » 9,009,000 as of March 2019 (Source)
- Muslims, Christians and Druze, stood at 1,878,600 people, about 21% of the population
- Currency » Israeli new shekel
- A Middle Eastern country in West Asia.
- Bordered by Lebanon to the north, Syria to the northeast, Jordan to the east, the Red Sea to the south, Egypt to the southwest, the Mediterranean Sea to the west, and by the Palestinian territories – the West Bank along the east and the Gaza Strip along the southwest.
- Google Maps
- The Balfour Declaration, which resulted in the uprooting of Palestinians, was issued on November 2, 1917. The declaration turned the Zionist aim of establishing a Jewish state in Palestine into a reality when Britain publicly pledged to establish “a national home for the Jewish people” there.
- Under the British Mandate, from 1920 to 1948, the whole region was known as Palestine.
- Military conflicts, forced occupation, religious and political tensions since the country was founded in May 14, 1948 ensued.
- Very little justification for an adventurer to travel to Israel as a destination. Most will transit through.
- Israel is the largest recipient of US aid, receiving almost twice as much as the next country, Egypt.
- One of the most expensive countries to live in.
- Not safe. Not secure.
Government Security Advice
This page was updated November 9, 2023