- Officially » State of Missouri
- Capital » Jefferson City
- Largest City » Kansas City
- Population » 6.2 million
- The largest urban areas are St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield, and Columbia
- Area » 180,560 sq km (69,715 sq mi)
- Highest elevation » Taum Sauk Mountain at 540 m (1,773 ft)
- Bordered by Iowa to the north, Illinois, Kentucky and Tennessee to the east, Arkansas to the south and Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska to the west.
- Missouri State Park advisory page
- Current status map of Missouri state parks and historic sites
- Katy Trail State Park (Official / Wikipedia)
- 390km (240 mi) trail open to hikers, joggers, and cyclists.
- Runs west-east from Clinton and Machens, along the Missouri River
- Sections of the trail are part of the Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail and the American Discovery Trail.
- 26 trailheads and four fully restored railroad depots along the way
- Open year-round from sunrise to sunset
Safety and Security
- Missouri has the second highest homicide rate in the USA, with a murder rate of 18 murders per 100,000.
- The state with the highest murder rate is Louisiana with a homicide rate of 22.9 per 100,000 people.
This page was updated March 22, 2023