- Population » 4.8 million
- Languages » Spanish (official), English
- Religion » Christianity
- Life expectancy » 77 years (men), 82 years (women)
- Currency » Costa Rican colon (CRC)
- Area » 51,100 sq km (19,730 sq miles)
- Bordered by Nicaragua to the north and Panama to the south
- Known for its beaches, mountain ranges, and volcanoes
- Tourism is the country’s number one source of income
- Tourists find prices to be higher than North American prices, for similar quality and service.
- Costa Rica’s rich biodiversity makes it a popular destination for eco-tourists.
- Costa Rica prohibits the importation of Right Hand Drive (RHD) vehicles within its borders, even temporarily. If you arrive at a border crossing with a RHD vehicle, there is a strong possibility you will be refused entry.
- Perhaps the most prosperous and politically stable country in Central America.
- One of the highest standards of living in the region
- The only Central American country without a permanent army.
This page was last updated on 2021.06.17 by Robert Vinet