- Officially: The Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Capital: Abuja
- Population: 186 million
- Africa’s most populous country
- Languages English (official), Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa
- Religions: Islam, Christianity, indigenous beliefs
- Life expectancy: 52 years (men), 54 years (women)
- Currency: Nigerian naira
- Area: 923,768 sq km (356,669 sq miles)
- Nigeria is France’s leading trading partner in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Safety & Security
- High threat of terrorist attack and kidnapping (2019)
- Parts of Nigeria are considered some of the most dangerous destinations for travellers. (2019)
- The groups Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) and Boko Haram are quite active at the moment (2019).
This page was last updated on Thursday, June 27th, 2019 by Robert Vinet