- Officially: The Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Capital: Abuja
- Population: 186 million
- Africa’s most populous country
- Languages English (official), Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa
- Religions: Islam, Christianity, indigenous beliefs
- Life expectancy: 52 years (men), 54 years (women)
- Currency: Nigerian naira
- Area: 923,768 sq km (356,669 sq miles)
- Nigeria is France’s leading trading partner in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Safety & Security
- High threat of terrorist attack and kidnapping (2019)
- Parts of Nigeria are considered some of the most dangerous destinations for travellers. (2019)
- The groups Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) and Boko Haram are quite active at the moment (2019).