- Officially: Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Capital: Luxembourg City
- Population: 576,000 residents
- Languages: French, German, Luxembourgish
- Many of its inhabitants are trilingual
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 78 years (men), 83 years (women)
- Member of the European Union
- Currency: Euro
Safety and Security
- Luxembourg is one of the worlds 10 safest travel destinations.
- Luxembourg City is one of the three official capitals of the E.U.
- When ranked by its GDP, Luxembourg is the second richest country in the world
- It has the highest minimum wage in the EU
- The motto of the country is ‘mir wëllebleiwewatmirsinn’, which means ‘we want to remain what we are’.
- It is one of the founding states of the Schengen area agreement, which was signed in 14 June 1985 in the village of Schengen in Luxembourg.