- Capital » London
- Also largest city in England
- Population » 56.3 million
- Major language » English
- Major religion » Christianity
- Life expectancy » 77 years (men), 82 years (women) (UN)
- Currency » 1 pound sterling = 100 pence
- Internet domain » .uk
- International dialling code » +44
- Area » 130,395 sq km (50,346 sq miles)
- England shares land borders with Wales to its west and Scotland to its north.
- The Lake District National Park (Web / video)
- England’s largest National Park
- Peak District
- Examoor National Park
- Dartmoor National Park
Travelling Overland and Road Safety
- Drive « Left side
- Exmoor, Snowdonia, and Peak District national parks require pre-approval to wild camp.
- The is no wild camping in Dartmoor National Park (BBC, current as at May 2023)
- England is part of the United Kingdom
- With a culturally diverse population, England is divided into nine regions, and then organized by counties, districts, cities and towns.
- London is the most densely populated area in the United Kingdom, with around 13 million inhabitants
- London is the centre for trade, politics and law, and is also a huge tourist hotspot with plenty of attractions, outdoor spaces, iconic monuments, and historic buildings.
- Evening Standard – London’s evening daily
- Manchester Evening News – north-west daily
- Birmingham Post/Birmingham Mail – West Midlands stablemates
- Yorkshire Post – Leeds-based daily
- Evening Chronicle – Newcastle-based daily
- Western Morning News – Plymouth-based daily
This page was updated May 19, 2023