- Officially: Republic of Slovenia
- Capital: Ljubljana
- Population: 2 million
- Language: Slovene
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 76 years (men), 84 years (women)
- Member of the European Union and NATO
- Currency: Euro
- Area: 20,273 sq km (7,827 sq miles)
- A small Central European country
- Slovenia is bordered by:
- The first former Yugoslav republic to join the European Union, in May 2004 – shortly after joining NATO.
- The country signed the Schengen Area agreement on 16 April 2003, and started the full implementation of the convention four years later on 21 December 2007.
- Within this small country are Alpine mountains, thick forests, historic cities, and a short Adriatic coastline.
- Slovenia is known for the scenic Lake Bled, the Postojna Cave, Triglav National Park and its many castles.
- What to see and do in Ljubljana’s Old Town (G Adventures)
Safety and Security
- Slovenia is one of the worlds 10 safest places to visit.
This page was last updated on 2021.04.02 by Robert Vinet