- Officially: Republic of San Marino
- Capital: San Marino
- Population: 33,400
- Major language: Italian
- Major religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 78 years (men), 85 years (women)
- Currency: euro
- Area: 61.2 sq km (23.6 sq miles)
- Landlocked nation surrounded by Italy.
- Said to be the world’s oldest surviving republic.
- Tourism dominates the economy
- Not a member of the Schengen Area, but maintains open borders with Italy.
- Statistically, the safest country to drive in (WHO Global Status Report, 2018)
This page was last updated on 2021.03.18 by Robert Vinet