- Population: 1.8 million-2.4 million
- Major languages: Albanian, Serbian
- Regional languages: Bosnian; Turkish; Romani
- Major religions: Islam, Christianity
- Dialing code: +383
- Currency: Euro
- Area: 10,887 sq km (4,212 sq miles)
- Albania to the south and southwest, the Macedonia to the southeast, Montenegro to the west, and Serbia to the north, northeast, and east.
- Drive on the right.
- Kosovo ranks third among the poorest countries in Europe
- Broke away from Serbia in 2008. Unilaterally declared independence from Serbia in February 2008
- Recognized by over 100 member states of the United Nations. Backed by its powerful ally Russia, Kosovo is not recognized by Serbia as an independent state. Claimed by Serbia as the Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija.
Last Updated on December 14, 2018