- Officially: Kingdom of Belgium
- Capital: Brussels
- Population: 11.5 million
- Major languages: Dutch, French, and German
- Major religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 79 years (men), 84 years (women)
- Currency: euro
- Member of the European Union- since 1 January 1958
- Brussels is the headquarters of the EU and the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)
- Area: 30,528 sq km
- Located in Western Europe
- The country is bordered by France, the Netherlands, Germany and Luxembourg.
- The capital, Brussels, is the administrative centre of the European Union and NATO.
- Belgium is one of the five first countries that signed the Schengen agreement on 14 June 1985, and started its implementation on 26 March 1995.
Safety & Security
This page was last updated on 2021.03.18 by Robert Vinet