- Officially: Republic of Estonia
- Capital: Tallinn
- Population 1.3 million
- Languages: Estonian, Russian
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 70 years (men), 80 years (women)
- E.U. member country: since 1 May 2004
- Currency: euro
- First Baltic country to adopt the euro in 2011
- Area: 45,227 sq km (17,462 sq miles)
- Bordered to the west by the Baltic Sea, to the south by Latvia, to the north by the Gulf of Finland and to the east by Lake Peipus and Russia.
- This flatland country also consists of 2,222 islands and islets in the Baltic Sea.
- It is one of Europe’s least crowded countries.
- Its government signed the Schengen agreement on 16 April 2003 and started its implementation on 21 December 2007.
This page was last updated on Sunday, May 12th, 2019 by Robert Vinet