- Officially: Republic of Estonia
- Capital: Tallinn
- Population 1.3 million
- Languages: Estonian, Russian
- Religion: Christianity
- Life expectancy: 70 years (men), 80 years (women)
- E.U. member country: since 1 May 2004
- Currency: euro
- First Baltic country to adopt the euro in 2011
- Area: 45,227 sq km (17,462 sq miles)
- Bordered to the west by the Baltic Sea, to the south by Latvia, to the north by the Gulf of Finland and to the east by Lake Peipus and Russia.
- This flatland country also consists of 2,222 islands and islets in the Baltic Sea.
- It is one of Europe’s least crowded countries.
- Its government signed the Schengen agreement on 16 April 2003 and started its implementation on 21 December 2007.