- Dawlat al-Kuwayt
- State of Kuwait
- Capital » Kuwait City
- Population » 4.5 million
- 1.3 million are Kuwaitis and 3.2 million are foreign nationals
- Language » Arabic
- Religion » Islam
- Life expectancy » 74 years (men), 76 years (women)
- Currency » Dinar
- Area » 17,818 sq km (6,880 sq miles)
- Located in the Middle East, on the northern edge of Eastern Arabia at the tip of the Persian Gulf,
- Bordering Iraq to the north, and Saudi Arabia to the south.
- Kuwait has a coastal length of approximately 499 km (310 mi)
- Passports must be valid for at least 6 months
- Canadians must be in possession of a visa to visit Kuwait.
- Kuwaiti authorities will deny entry if your passport shows an X in the “sex” field
- Violent crime towards foreigners is rare
- Accessible from Saudi Arabia
- Member of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf
- Kuwait is an emirate with an autocratic political system.
- An increasing emphasis is being placed on tourism
Government Travel Advisories
This page was updated May 3, 2023