- Officially » La Réunion (French)
- Capital » Saint-Denis
- Reunion is an overseas department and region of the French Republic
- Population » 860,000 people (2020)
- Language » French
- As La Réunion is one of the overseas départements of France, it is part of the European Union. However, it is not part of the Schengen Area.
- There exists a cargo/passenger ferry to La Réunion from Madagascar. (Mauritius Shipping Corp.)
- An island in the Indian Ocean in East Africa.
- Located approximately 550 km (340 mi) east of the island of Madagascar and 175 km (109 mi) southwest of the island of Mauritius.
- January may be very wet. Extremely humid and peak cyclone season in February and March. (Source » Lonely Planet)
- Driving on the Right
- The island has 395 km of national roads, including 143 km of 2×2 lanes roads, 750 km of departmental roads and 2300 km of communal roads (Source » Maki Rentals)
- The 5 national highways around the island make it easy to navigate.
- National road 2 is often blocked by lava flow from Piton de la Fournaise
- The roads can be narrow and have many tight turns.
- As La Réunion is a French overseas territory, the same rules apply as in France.