From National Geographic: Photojournalist Katie Orlinsky travels the world to document the everyday lives of people in extreme situations. In this thoughtful short film by Erin Sanger, Orlinsky travels to the Alaskan wilderness to document female musher Kristen Knight Pace prepare for her first Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race. Armed with determination and her lens, Orlinsky takes on the elements while exploring her own professional and personal limits.
BreadcrumbsAdventure Trend > Photography > Watch How Dog Sledding Helped Photojournalist Katie Orlinsky Get Her Spark Back
It’s a one way ticket.
Be kind to one another and enjoy the ride!
“We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more.”
~ Pico Iyer
What Do You Seek?
- Important considerations when travelling overland in the UK
- Where Next Barney’s route guide to Armenia
- 65 years ago, Ben Carlin became the world’s first, and still only man, to circumnavigate the Earth in an amphibious vehicle
- Building the Pamir Trail
- Lisbon is this year’s best-value European city
- Explore! releases their list of the 35 best hikes in the world that almost anyone can do
- Eight multi-day hikes in Iceland 🇮🇸
This site was last updated at
2023.05.21 @ 11:44 UTC