From National Geographic: Photojournalist Katie Orlinsky travels the world to document the everyday lives of people in extreme situations. In this thoughtful short film by Erin Sanger, Orlinsky travels to the Alaskan wilderness to document female musher Kristen Knight Pace prepare for her first Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race. Armed with determination and her lens, Orlinsky takes on the elements while exploring her own professional and personal limits.
Getting there is half the adventure.
What Do You Seek?
- Transcaucasian Trail nears completion
- How to treat the most common wilderness injuries and maladies
- Video » Patrick Noonan thru-hiked across Ireland
- The most expensive mountains to climb in the world
- Sir Edmund Hillary would have been 102 years old today
- Ben Carlin circumnavigated the globe in an old amphibious truck he christened “Half Safe”
- Neal Moore is paddling across a changing America, from Oregon to New York