- Only town » Edinburgh of the Seven Seas
- Tristan da Cunha is the most remote inhabited land mass in the world.
- This British Overseas territory is located 2,800 kilometres and a six-day boat ride from South Africa.
- This semi-polar archipelago houses 245 people, 200,000 penguins, 300,000 fur seals, and more than five million shearwaters.
- Tourism is possible, but the government website warns there are “no hotels, no airport, no holiday reps, no nightclubs, no restaurants, no jet skis and no safe sea swimming.”
This page was last updated on Sunday, October 11th, 2020 by Robert Vinet