- Officially » The Independent State of Papua New Guinea
- Capital » Port Moresby
- Population » 8 million
- Languages » English, Tok Pisin, Hiri Motu
- Religions » Christianity, indigenous beliefs
- Life expectancy » 63 years (men), 68 years (women)
- Currency » kina
- Area » 462,840 sq km (178,704 sq miles)
- Canadians require a visa – valid for 60 days (Travel Canada)
- Passports must be valid for at least 6 months
- Visa and Passport requirements for other nationalities (World Travel Guide)
- The only land border crossing is between Vanimo, PNG and Jayapura in Papua Province, Indonesia.
- There doesn’t seem to be a container port
- The country has only a few roads – the Highlands (Okuk), Ramu, and Sepik highways.
- Traffic drives on the left
- In case of accidents, always drive immediately to the closest police station.
- People are known to be very friendly
- Food is nothing to write home about
This page was last updated on 2021.05.23 by Robert Vinet