- American Samoa (USA)
- Cook Islands (New Zealand)
- French Polynesia (France)
- Guam (USA)
- Marshall Islands
- New Caledonia (France)
- New Zealand
- Niue (New Zealand)
- Norfolk Island (Australia)
- Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
- Papua New Guinea
- Pitcairn Islands (UK)
- Solomon Islands
- Tokelau (New Zealand)
- Wake Island (USA)
- Wallis and Futuna (France)
- The largest sovereign state in this region is Australia, occupying about 86% of the total area.
- The smallest independent country is Nauru.
- The most visited tourist destinations in this region is Australian.
- Oceania is the least populated continent after Antarctica with only 0.3% of the Earth’s population.
Vehicle-Supported Adventure Travel
- Opportunities for overland travel are limited mostly to Australia and New Zealand as the other countries are more complicated to access.
This page was updated June 20, 2022