State of Florida
State Capital » Tallahassee
Largest city » Jacksonville
- Population » 21,538,187 (2020)
- Area » 170,312 sq km (65,758 sq mi)
- 22nd largest state in the United States
- Highest Elevation » 105 m (345 ft)
- Florida Hurricane season runs from June 1 until November 30 every year, with August and September typically the peak.
- one of only eleven National Scenic Trails in the United States
- Brief » runs approximately 2,400km (1,500 mi) from the swamplands of Big Cypress National Preserve to the beaches of Gulf Islands National Seashore, going around Lake Okeechobee and through Ocala, Osceola, and Apalachicola National Forests and many state forests and parks.
This page was updated August 29, 2023